camera taking photos of lights at night

The Lowdown on Camera Equipment Insurance

As a professional photographer, your camera equipment is your livelihood. While you do your best to ensure that your clients and camera gear are safe and well-kept during photoshoots, accidents can and do happen. Luckily, if your equipment is damaged camera equipment insurance from Full Frame Insurance can help cover incurred losses.

What Is Camera Equipment Insurance?

Camera equipment insurance is part of what is known as inland marine in the insurance world. It is an additional insurance coverage that provides protection for tangible property. Tangible property is defined as property that is movable or transportable in nature (e.g. supplies, equipment, or inventory) but excludes coverage for structures and items that are part of the structure.

camera overlooking land

What’s The Difference Between General Liability and Camera Equipment Insurance?

General liability insurance often referred to as business liability insurance is coverage that can respond if your business operations cause bodily harm or damage to property. Camera equipment insurance is an add-on that expands coverage to your business tools; in your case—your photography equipment.

Who Needs Camera Equipment Insurance?

Your career as a professional photographer requires you to shoot on location and at various events—weddings, venues, studios, and even clients’ homes. Therefore, camera equipment insurance is a small investment that can end up saving you from large expenses if your equipment is ever damaged.

camera equipment and a map

Protect Your Business With Camera Equipment Insurance

Photography equipment can be expensive.

But with Full Frame Insurance, an annual payment of $154 includes:

  • $2 million in General Liability Limits
  • Products-Completed Operation
  • Damage to Premises Rented Coverage
  • Camera Equipment Insurance
  • Medical Expense Limit
  • And More!

Camera equipment insurance provides coverage for up to $1,000 per item and a $5,000 aggregate limit.

If your camera equipment is more expensive and you need higher limits, we have policies available for that as well. Just visit our camera equipment page to choose the coverage that’s right for you.

These are just brief descriptions of coverages and limits. Other fees and conditions may apply. Please refer to your policy for complete details.

Photography Insurance starting at $59


Related Articles

Cyber Liability

Cyber liability insurance protects your business from the cost of first- and third-party claims that arise from a cyber security breach within your business. Cyber crime has become a common threat for businesses both big and small. If you collect or store business information online on a computer, tablet, or mobile device, we highly suggest including this additional protection to your policy.

Professional Liability

Professional liability insurance can protect your business from the cost negligence claims that arise from professional errors and omissions, like giving bad instruction or failing to provide necessary information on a subject. If you teach classes or run demonstrations as part of your business, we strongly recommend this additional coverage option.

Additional Insureds

When you add a person, event, or organization to your policy as an additional insured, they receive protection if they are named in a suit due to a covered business-related loss/claim because of your actions or operations.

Additional insured status cannot be granted to a friend or co-worker as an extension of your policy. Each individual must purchase their own policy to obtain liability coverage.

A written contract, such as a venue, studio rental, or employment contract is required to add another party as additional insured.

General Liability

General liability insurance can protect your business from the cost of third-party bodily injury and property damage claims, like if a client trips on your business equipment and injures themselves. It also protects against the cost of copyright infringement claims, personal and advertising injury claims, and more.

Damage To Rented Premises

This coverage can protect your business from the cost of claims arising from damages done to rented spaces, like a studio or event booth. It’s common for property owners and event organizers to require businesses to list them as additional insureds on a policy before renting a space. Full Frame provides unlimited additional insureds for just $30.

Camera Equipment Coverage

Also known as inland marine insurance, camera equipment coverage can protect your business from the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or stolen business equipment—including camera bodies, lenses, lighting equipment, and more. Our policy can protect against claims that occur at home, on a job and anywhere in between. Full Frame offers multiple coverage options for equipment insurance based on your business needs.