Full Frame Insurance and its affiliates recognize the privacy concerns of our customers and potential customers who visit our website. We want you to be aware that we collect information through our website for our internal use. We intend to use information collected only in the normal course of our business and as permitted by law. No personal information is required when you visit our website, however, certain information is collected in order to help us to better provide the products and services we offer.
How We Use Customer Information
We use user information to ensure that the content you view and the products you may purchase accurately meet your needs. The information and data we collect may be used for:
- Underwriting and rating policies (for those users who submit an application);
- Providing proper billing;
- Protecting against fraudulent and unauthorized transactions;
- Confirming your identity and servicing your policies and accounts;
- Processing your claims;
- Enhancing your customer experience on our website;
- Addressing areas of confusion and improving the clarity of our content and products;
- Performing other activities as required or permitted by law.
The following sections detail the specific ways the information we collect from our users may be used. Personal, non-public information will not be shared, except as permitted or required by law. Anonymous, non-identifying, or public information may be shared with third-party companies or applications for the purpose of accurately targeting advertisements to users based on their interests.
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from any or all of the following sources:
- Applications or other forms received from you;
- Insurance transactions you conduct with us or our affiliates;
- Claims information provided in the event of a claim;
- Consumer reporting agencies.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information we gather about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to related or third-party brokers and/or agents, to premium financial service companies, and to third-party companies who perform marketing services for us. We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information. We may use your personal information for several purposes, such as monitoring the use of our website so that we can make improvements; diagnosing and solving technical problems; fulfilling customer requests for certain products and services; and sending material of interest (if you have so requested). Sometimes we must collect medical information in conjunction with a claim. We do not use or share your medical information for any marketing purpose, unless we receive your permission.
We may use customer information for the purpose of obtaining reviews about the services and programs that we provide. This may include, but is not limited to, giving customers’ names and e-mail addresses to third parties to facilitate and contact customer to obtain reviews. Customer information sent to third parties will be used solely for the purposes of gathering and managing feedback, or as required by law or by any court of competent jurisdiction. Reviews provided by customers may be published online and submitted to search engines. Customers may be contacted by a third party review service, but are under no obligation to provide a review.
We may store a cookie on your computer when you visit our website. A cookie is a piece of information that is required to create and maintain a secure session. With a cookie, each time your browser requests a page from the server, a message is sent to us. A cookie’s main objective is to identify users and personalize their visit by customizing web pages for them – for example, by welcoming them by name the next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies may invite you to provide personal information, such as your name, e-mail address and interest. Our cookies do not contain confidential or personal information. Our cookies do not track a user after leaving our website.
We may keep the emails you send to us. If you agree to receive e-mail messages from us, we will keep the information you give us to send emails of specific interest to you. Please be careful about the information you give us in an email. As with any public website, this communication may not be secure.
If you have filled out an application, you will have agreed to our email/phone use statement. If you have filled out the first step of an application, provided Full Frame Insurance with your email, and did not complete the application, we may send you a single email reminding you of your unfinished application.
We may provide links to other websites on our site. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or security of information by the companies or organizations outside of our site. Please read the privacy policies of those websites reached through the use of links from our site.
- We use the services of third-party companies and applications who are under agreements with us. For example, we work with analytics companies, advertisers, data management, live chat, and storage services. These companies and applications serve advertisements to users who visit our website and who use our services, and allow us to quantify data concerning the browsing habits of our website’s users. These companies collect and use clickstream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked on or scrolled over during your visits to our website. The tracking technologies used by these third-party companies are subject to their own privacy policies, not those of Full Frame Insurance.
- Through the analytical data we obtain from the services mentioned above, we serve targeted advertisements to users. For example, a user who visits our website may see an advertisement for our products while using Facebook.
Your Ad Choices:
- Some of the third-party services utilized by Full Frame Insurance may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. For information regarding the NAI and opt-out procedures, visit Network Advertising. If you wish to opt-out of our use of your website viewing behavior data, used to serve interest-based advertising on third-party sites and in email newsletters, click here.
We use Facebook Pixel Tags to better measure, optimize, and retarget our marketing campaigns.
For information about Facebook pixel opt-out options please visit: Facebook help.
Request to hide Facebook ads from certain advertisers: Facebook help.
EU Data Subject Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to: (a) request access to your Personal Data and rectification of inaccurate Personal Data; (b) request erasure of your Personal Data; (c) request restrictions on the processing of your Personal Data; (d) object to processing your Personal Data; and/or (e) the right to data portability (“collectively, “Requests”). For more information about how to get access to Personal Data and for exercising your rights to opt out, you can submit a request here. In the “Comments” section, inform us that you are a an EU resident and that you would like to exercise your individual rights. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The services rendered by Full Frame Insurance are intended for a general audience and are not intended for and should not be used by children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 and we do not target our services to children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us here. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
Data Deletion Requests
If you wish to have your data reviewed for deletion, you may submit a request here. To help protect your privacy and maintain the security of your data, we will take steps to verify your identity before initiating the review. Additionally, we cannot guarantee that every deletion request will be fulfilled. In some situations we will need retain your data, for example, to enable us to continue providing services to you we are obligated to provide, or if required by law.