Contact Us   |   Chat Now

Now offering monthly payment options at checkout! Starting at $12/month

What is Professional Liability Insurance (Failure To Deliver)?

Professional liability insurance (aka errors and omissions or failure to deliver) is coverage that can protect you if a customer claims you didn’t deliver what was promised. Examples include not being able to provide photos due to a defective or missing memory card, your clients not being satisfied with what you delivered, or students who said your class didn’t teach them anything about photography or videography crafts.

In essence, this plan is for people who said you failed to deliver your end of the bargain when they paid for your photo or video services, even though you did everything you could to meet their expectations.

What Does Professional Liability Insurance Cover?

Professional liability insurance protects you from negligence claims that occur from activities deemed “out of your control.” It happens. Here are some examples of the types of claims professional liability insurance covers:

  • You work with a client and get amazing shots, but when you upload pictures from your memory card to your computer, you discover that your card is faulty and hasn’t saved anything.
  • You photograph an event and promise 200 photos, but you can only deliver 180 because the other 20 were of poor quality.
  • You teach photography classes or offer demonstrations as part of your business, and a client is dissatisfied after practicing what you taught them.
  • Your gear was stolen after the shoot and before you could upload your work.

How Does Professional Liability Insurance Work?

Think of professional liability insurance works as a safety net for your photography or videography business, finances, and reputation. If a client sues you claiming you didn’t deliver the work that they hired you for, it can cover the costs of damages, legal fees, and refunds that might otherwise come out of your pocket.

woman on computer getting documents ready for claim process

Who Needs Professional Liability Insurance?

All photographers and videographers are at risk of professional liability claims and need both professional and general liability insurance. For example, your gear could get stolen or damaged, memory cards can fail, and clients’ expectations might not be in line with reality.

It’s available for numerous photography and videography industries, such as:

  • Commercial
  • Freelance
  • Portrait
  • Real Estate
  • Special Events
  • Travel
  • Wedding
  • Wild Life
  • Demonstrations
  • Classes — and more

How to Purchase Professional Liability Insurance

You can add professional liability insurance to your Full Frame policy while applying online or at any time afterward from your dashboard. Fill out our online application and get coverage in 10 minutes or less! No gimmicks. You’re welcome!

How Much Does It Cost?

You can add this optional coverage for $100/year—about $0.27 a day—to Full Frame Insurance’s Annual or Annual + policies.


Annual +

365 Days of Coverage

4.7/5 Stars

$23.83 / month

or $271/year

Event Policy

1-3 Days of Coverage

For photographers and videographers who need basic liability coverage over a 1-3 day period. Add unlimited additional insureds for any event.

$59/ 3 days


Annual +

365 Days of Coverage

4.7/5 Stars

$23.83 / month

or $271/year

Annual Policy

365 Days of Coverage

For photographers and videographers who need long-term liability coverage and protection, but don’t need camera equipment insurance. Additional coverage options available.

$12 / month

or $129/year

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Professional liability insurance is not required by law, but it can establish credibility for your business in the photography and videography industries. This coverage can also protect you from thousands of dollars in claims that would otherwise completely or nearly suck up your company’s profits or even your personal finances.

Buy Now

Professional liability insurance ensures your business and reputation are in good hands if negligence claims arise. If things like faulty memory cards or camera equipment, unsatisfactory photos, or unflattering A-roll in your videos, you’re not held financially accountable.

Buy Now

Yes, professional liability insurance and error and omission coverage are the same thing. They both protect you against negligence claims.

Buy Now

Professional liability insurance can cover you if the bride, or any other client, is unsatisfied with your photo packages or final videos.

Buy Now

Every business needs a general liability policy. To fully protect your photography or videography business, make sure your general liability policy includes damage to premises rented to you and personal and advertising injury, and purchase camera equipment coverage, professional liability, and cyber liability insurance.

Buy Now

Currently, professional liability insurance is only available as an add-on for FFI’s Annual or Annual + plans. This coverage is not available for the Event plan.

Buy Now

Partner with FFI for Your Professional Liability Insurance Needs

Get professional liability insurance with our annual plan for just $100 a year. This coverage guarantees peace of mind while you prepare for your next photo session or video shoot.

Pros trust FFI
500 +
Covered Claims
0 +
Years Experience
0 +

Cyber Liability

Cyber liability insurance protects your business from the cost of first- and third-party claims that arise from a cyber security breach within your business. Cyber crime has become a common threat for businesses both big and small. If you collect or store business information online on a computer, tablet, or mobile device, we highly suggest including this additional protection to your policy.

'Failure to Deliver' Coverage
(Professional Liability)

‘Failure to Deliver’ Coverage, also known as Professional liability insurance, can protect your business from the cost negligence claims that arise from professional errors and omissions, like giving bad instruction or failing to provide necessary information on a subject. If you teach classes or run demonstrations as part of your business, we strongly recommend this additional coverage option.

Additional Insureds

When you add a person, event, or organization to your policy as an additional insured, they receive protection if they are named in a suit due to a covered business-related loss/claim because of your actions or operations.

Additional insured status cannot be granted to a friend or co-worker as an extension of your policy. Each individual must purchase their own policy to obtain liability coverage.

A written contract, such as a venue, studio rental, or employment contract is required to add another party as additional insured.

General Liability

General liability insurance can protect your business from the cost of third-party bodily injury and property damage claims, like if a client trips on your business equipment and injures themselves. It also protects against the cost of copyright infringement claims, personal and advertising injury claims, and more.

Damage To Rented Premises

This coverage can protect your business from the cost of claims arising from damages done to rented spaces, like a studio or event booth. It’s common for property owners and event organizers to require businesses to list them as additional insureds on a policy before renting a space. Full Frame provides unlimited additional insureds for just $30.

Camera Equipment Coverage

Also known as inland marine insurance, camera equipment coverage can protect your business from the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or stolen business equipment—including camera bodies, lenses, lighting equipment, and more. Our policy can protect against claims that occur at home, on a job and anywhere in between. Full Frame offers multiple coverage options for equipment insurance based on your business needs.