Contact Us   |   Chat Now

Now offering monthly payment options at checkout! Starting at $12/month

woman on set with camera

States Requiring $2 Million/$2 Million Photographer’s or Videographer’s Liability Insurance

Let’s say you’re trying to secure a photography or filming gig, and the venue or event requires a $2 million liability insurance cost. No problem.

Full Frame Insurance’s $2 million/$2 million annual policy ($2 million aggregate and $2 million per occurrence limits) for videographers and photographers has your back — at a starting price of $18 per month.

States and Cities Requiring $2 Million/$2 Million Liability Insurance for Photographers and Videographers

There are a few states and regions with venues that require 2 million liability insurance. Let’s look at a few of them:

  • New York: The Empire State and the City That Never Sleeps have high-end venues that require $2 million/$2 million insurance requirements.
  • New Jersey: The Garden State’s venues and events have high-end insurance needs for photoshoots and filming.
  • California: Lastly, the Golden State has events and locations with $2 million/$2 million insurance requirements.

What’s a $2 Million / $2 Million General Liability Policy?

A $2 million general liability insurance policy is an option where the total amount (aka aggregate) the carrier will pay in a policy term is $2 million. This is the maximum amount for your policy for an entire year or the duration of an event policy. The other $2 million (occurrence) is the maximum amount the insurance policy will pay for one claim.

Most venues require a $1 million/$1 million policy, but Full Frame Insurance’s photography insurance offers options for both $2 million/$2 million and $1 million/$2 million.

Why Get Photographer’s or Videographer’s Insurance?

You may be asking: “I’m just photographing a food festival or concert. Why do I need insurance?”

Fair argument. Here’s the rebuttal.

You face risks everywhere, whether it’s a wedding, a graduation ceremony, or taking nature snapshots.

Photographer and videographer insurance can come in handy for several risks, such as:

  • Someone trips over your tripod or other equipment and injures themselves.
  • You’re filming a wedding and you accidentally bump into a table and break a pricey vase.
  • You teach a photography class for extra money and one of your students found your lessons ineffective when they tried it at home.
  • Someone breaks into your vehicle and steals your expensive telephoto lens.

These are just some of the risks you can face as a professional photographer and videographer.

Paying for these claims out of pocket can drain your business and cripple your reputation. General liability insurance can save you money and add extra protection for third-party and medical injury claims, libel, slander, defamation, property damage, and so on.

With your annual policy, you can even customize your coverage. Some add-on coverages include:

  • Camera and Equipment Insurance: Also called Inland Marine, this coverage protects your camera and other gear from theft or loss.
  • Failure to Deliver (Professional Liability): Safeguards your business against faulty memory cards, unsatisfied clients, and other things outside of your control.
  • Cyber Liability: Protects you if hackers steal your clients’ information.
  • Additional Insureds: Meet event and venue requirements by adding them as additional insureds to your policy.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Photographer’s Liability Insurance

Why Do Venues Require Photographer’s Liability Insurance?

Yes! Most venues require photographer or videographer liability insurance because of potential risks that can occur during your shoot or filming session.

How Do I Add A Venue as an Additional Insured?

No problem. Here are four easy steps to add a venue to your policy:

  1. Log in to your dashboard.
  2. Go to your existing policy.
  3. Click “Additional Insured”
  4. Add as many additional insureds as you need, and you’re done!

Most, if not all, venues and event organizers will ask you to add them as additional insureds to your policy as an extra layer of protection in case things go wrong. If you’re a first-time user, you can include additional insureds when completing your application.

Video camera on a tripod

Get $2 Million/$2 Million in General Liability Insurance from Full Frame Insurance Today!

Whether photographing or filming for travel, real estate, freelance work, or portraits, getting 2 million general liability insurance with FFI is a must. You won’t have to pay for claims out of pocket and you’ll get a leg up over those who don’t have insurance at all.

Don’t miss out on your chance to protect your business — check out our coverage details and then get your quote today.


Related Articles

Tips For The New Videographer

If you are just getting your start as a new videographer, here are a couple tips and tricks, including videography insurance, that will help you through your learning journey.

Read More

Cyber Liability

Cyber liability insurance protects your business from the cost of first- and third-party claims that arise from a cyber security breach within your business. Cyber crime has become a common threat for businesses both big and small. If you collect or store business information online on a computer, tablet, or mobile device, we highly suggest including this additional protection to your policy.

'Failure to Deliver' Coverage
(Professional Liability)

‘Failure to Deliver’ Coverage, also known as Professional liability insurance, can protect your business from the cost negligence claims that arise from professional errors and omissions, like giving bad instruction or failing to provide necessary information on a subject. If you teach classes or run demonstrations as part of your business, we strongly recommend this additional coverage option.

Additional Insureds

When you add a person, event, or organization to your policy as an additional insured, they receive protection if they are named in a suit due to a covered business-related loss/claim because of your actions or operations.

Additional insured status cannot be granted to a friend or co-worker as an extension of your policy. Each individual must purchase their own policy to obtain liability coverage.

A written contract, such as a venue, studio rental, or employment contract is required to add another party as additional insured.

General Liability

General liability insurance can protect your business from the cost of third-party bodily injury and property damage claims, like if a client trips on your business equipment and injures themselves. It also protects against the cost of copyright infringement claims, personal and advertising injury claims, and more.

Damage To Rented Premises

This coverage can protect your business from the cost of claims arising from damages done to rented spaces, like a studio or event booth. It’s common for property owners and event organizers to require businesses to list them as additional insureds on a policy before renting a space. Full Frame provides unlimited additional insureds for just $30.

Camera Equipment Coverage

Also known as inland marine insurance, camera equipment coverage can protect your business from the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or stolen business equipment—including camera bodies, lenses, lighting equipment, and more. Our policy can protect against claims that occur at home, on a job and anywhere in between. Full Frame offers multiple coverage options for equipment insurance based on your business needs.