Contact Us   |   Chat Now

Now offering monthly payment options at checkout! Starting at $12/month

worried woman

When (And How) To File A Photography Insurance Claim

Insurance claims. They’re an important part of the insurance process, but they can also be daunting and stressful. Accidents can be hard enough without involving insurance claims, which is why it pays to know ahead of time what to do if your business is ever involved in or causes an accident.

In this short article, we’re going to take a look at when you might (and might not) want to file an insurance claim as well as how to file one if an accident occurs. Let’s get started!

When to File A Photography Insurance Claim

There are many times when you might want to consider filing a photography insurance claim.

Good times to file a claim can include:

  • when your camera equipment or business property is stolen or severely damaged
  • when an individual is seriously injured as a result of your business operation
  • when you damage an individual’s personal property
  • when an individual takes legal action against you

If your business was involved in or caused an accident, it’s always better to file a claim sooner than later. Quick action can often help you save big on time and prevent stress.

If you have any questions regarding when or if you should file a claim, you can always contact your insurance representative. They can help you determine if the accident is covered by your insurance policy and guide you through the claims process should it be necessary.

stressed photographer

Just Because You Can File A Claim Doesn’t Mean You Always Should

Of course, there are times when you may not want to file a claim. Photography insurance is designed to reduce the cost of accidents you may not be able to cover. As such, filing a claim when you don’t absolutely need to can lead to some unwanted consequences.

Depending on the severity of the accident and the cost of the claim, filing a claim could lead to an increased annual premium. For that reason, you need to be careful not to file a claim if you don’t necessarily have to.

Times when you might not need to file a claim include minor equipment theft or damages or accidents that you can sufficiently cover without financial assistance. One good question to ask yourself is if the accident has the potential to financially cripple your business or prevent you from doing more work. If your answer to that question is no, you may want to consider not filing a claim.

How To File A Photography Insurance Claim

If, after considering your options, you decide to file a photography insurance claim, you can easily do so online via your provider’s user portal. At Full Frame, you can file any claim in minutes in just 5 simple steps.

  1. Log in to your Full Frame online user account
  2. Locate the “Manage Policies” section
  3. Click on “File A Claim”
  4. Fill out the required information
  5. Submit your claim

Filed claims can take up to 48 hour to process, after which you will be contacted by an insurance representative who will provide you with a claim number and the contact information for the claims adjuster who will be working on your claim. If the claims adjuster has any questions, they may contact you. Otherwise you can sit back and relax knowing your coverage is on the way.

freelance photographer looking at his computer

Protect Your Business With Full Frame Insurance

Filing a photography insurance claim can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right insurance policy, and insurance representatives who have your back, filing a claim can be as easy as one, two, three!

If you haven’t yet, we encourage you to check out Full Frame’s photography insurance program, designed specifically to protect professional photographers like you from the cost of claims. With high-quality, customizable coverage plans, and an easy, stress free claims process, you can rest easy knowing you have the coverage your business needs.

Getting started takes less than 10 minutes, so what are you waiting for? Protect your photography business with Full Frame today!

Learn More About Photography Insurance


Related Articles

Cyber Liability

Cyber liability insurance protects your business from the cost of first- and third-party claims that arise from a cyber security breach within your business. Cyber crime has become a common threat for businesses both big and small. If you collect or store business information online on a computer, tablet, or mobile device, we highly suggest including this additional protection to your policy.

'Failure to Deliver' Coverage
(Professional Liability)

‘Failure to Deliver’ Coverage, also known as Professional liability insurance, can protect your business from the cost negligence claims that arise from professional errors and omissions, like giving bad instruction or failing to provide necessary information on a subject. If you teach classes or run demonstrations as part of your business, we strongly recommend this additional coverage option.

Additional Insureds

When you add a person, event, or organization to your policy as an additional insured, they receive protection if they are named in a suit due to a covered business-related loss/claim because of your actions or operations.

Additional insured status cannot be granted to a friend or co-worker as an extension of your policy. Each individual must purchase their own policy to obtain liability coverage.

A written contract, such as a venue, studio rental, or employment contract is required to add another party as additional insured.

General Liability

General liability insurance can protect your business from the cost of third-party bodily injury and property damage claims, like if a client trips on your business equipment and injures themselves. It also protects against the cost of copyright infringement claims, personal and advertising injury claims, and more.

Damage To Rented Premises

This coverage can protect your business from the cost of claims arising from damages done to rented spaces, like a studio or event booth. It’s common for property owners and event organizers to require businesses to list them as additional insureds on a policy before renting a space. Full Frame provides unlimited additional insureds for just $30.

Camera Equipment Coverage

Also known as inland marine insurance, camera equipment coverage can protect your business from the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or stolen business equipment—including camera bodies, lenses, lighting equipment, and more. Our policy can protect against claims that occur at home, on a job and anywhere in between. Full Frame offers multiple coverage options for equipment insurance based on your business needs.